Causes and prevention of nail fragility
Sometimes, we see that our nails are easily damaged, cracked, split or peeled. This can be called nail fragility. This could be due to aging, the use of chemicals or excessive nail archiving, and also health disorders. Some of the main causes of fragile nails include:
- Biting Nail: biting or chewing excessive nails can expose the skin layer under the nail to infection that can cause drought or nail fragility. Chewing nails makes it uneven and can promote separation and break.
- Low iron level: this is also referred to as anemia. Inadequate iron in the blood can cause dryness and rupture of the nail.
- Poland: leaving nail polish on your nails too long can cause nail damage and drought because nail polish contains certain drying chemicals. This chemical attracts moisture from the nail plate and makes it dry and hard.
- Water exposure: Constant contact with water can cause the fragility of nails due to the fact that the water -absorbing nails, they become soft when stored in water for too long and can cause separation or rupture. Hard chemicals such as detergent, industrial chemicals, bad cleaning fluid for nail health.
- Rare manicure: Completing your nails is often the reason you have fragile nails. Chemicals and equipment used in manicures can be dangerous for nails when used excessively. Polish, archiving, and even glue can cause dehydration effects on the nails.
- Aging: As we get older and the bond of keratin filament in our nails become weaker, our nails naturally become drier and fragile, but our nails can be thicker and even more difficult.
Prevention of nail fragility:
You can prevent the fragility of nails by caring for your nails correctly and avoid dangerous nail practice. You can also use toe mushroom treatment if needed.
Drought can cause separation or nail damage. The use of moisturizers or hand lotions directly on the nails can help keep the nails hydrated and healthy. Be sure to use a moisturizer that contains lanolin or using nail oil.
Hand protection from water or excessive humidity, as well as chemicals can help prevent the fragility of nails. The use of waterproof gloves when washing or using detergent can help protect nails. Don’t use your nails to choose or open objects like cans. Also, don’t expose your nails to hard weather conditions.
Healthy nail practice
Healthy nail practice involves avoiding certain activities that can be a prevention for your nail health and do things that will promote and improve your nail health. Do not leave nail polish for too long and away from nail polish removal containing acetone is an important step to prevent nail dryness. Nail supervisors can be used to make soft nails stronger.
Biting or chewing nails should be avoided as much as possible, trimming your nails and keeping it short can help you stop biting your nails. When trimming the nails make sure to cut it evenly and in one direction to prevent deviations at the end of the nail. There are several maintenances of the fungus over the counter nail available. You can try it if a fungal infection is a problem.